Friday 21 September 2018

Review Tour ***Logan & Drew by Giulia Lagomarsino***

Title: Logan (For the Love of a Good Woman #3) 
and Drew (For the Love of a Good Woman #4)
Author: Giulia Lagomarsino
Genres: Revenge Romance ~ New Beginnings Romance
 
 
Logan
I’ve lived my life the way I wanted to, not answering to anyone else. The result was friends that don’t have a very high opinion of me and a lonely life that I started to wish included someone who truly cared for me. Cece was the hottest thing I’d ever seen and the moment I had her, I knew that she was not just someone that would pass through my life. My attraction to her didn’t dim, even when she left me tied to a bed. Her spirit and spunky attitude didn’t push me away no matter how hard she tried, but I began to question if I could truly bring this woman around or if she would be the one to tear my world apart.
Cece
I had started over and made a great life for myself. Then Logan walked back into my life, but he didn’t recognize me. He had walked away ten years ago and devastated me. Now I would get my revenge and make him pay for hurting me. Who says that revenge can’t be fun? He’s still the same cocky guy I knew, but he’s also sweet and that made me question how long I could hold out for. I planned to thoroughly enjoy my time with Logan before I destroyed his life. I just hoped the cost wouldn’t be too high.
Drew

When Sarah walked into my life and interrupted my most intimate moments with my dead wife, I cursed her and vowed that I would never like this woman. She was a screw up and possessed something that was so precious to me, but just out of reach. Our paths continued to cross in ways that left me angry and confused, until one day I found myself becoming intrigued with my new neighbor and needing to know what it was that drew me to her. Could I move on from the woman I loved more than anything in this world, or would I find myself unable to let her go when the time came?

Sarah

My life went from blissfully wonderful to completely devastating in a matter of hours. No longer able to live the life I once had, I was forced to become someone new. Even the gift that I was given wasn’t enough to bring me out of my depressed state. Still, I had no choice but to move forward with my life and make the most of the last and greatest gift I was given. No one would ever be able to know who I was or the secrets I carried. I would forever be another woman who couldn’t even properly mourn what had been lost. My new neighbor, Drew, was surly and completely hateful, at least he was with me. For some reason, I set him on edge and made him lash out at me. When we finally fell on somewhat even ground, would I be able to give him what he needed or were the secrets I held just too much of a burden to truly move forward?




Reviews by: Jennifer

Logan

(3 Stars)

So … book three of the For the Love of a Good Woman series, and this is so far my least fav. Cece has moved back to town. With a new attitude, new style, and overall just a different person than the one that left heartbroken ten years ago. Logan had crushed her heart, and what he said to her as he was doing it is something that Cece will never forget, hence the lifestyle change. Logan is now a grown up, who admits that he has made mistakes in the past, but who hasn't. When he sees Cece on the dance floor he has no clue who she is he just knows that he wants her. For Cece this is a chance, an opportunity to get the revenge she has always craved...  but will she regret her actions later on?


I'm just going to come out and say it... there is no way that he wouldn't recognize who she is, it wasn't like they had a one night stand, they were in love. He thought about her often and regretted what he had done, there is no way he wouldn't be able to realize who she was. I went through all the scenarios, and the only possible way was if she was really, really overweight and lost it all (not the case) or she had her face reconstructed. This wasn't just a few minutes that he didn't recognize her, this was until she told him, over halfway through the book… WTH? I found myself really hating Cece, and by the end of the book I really didn't even want them to be together. Cece is a level of crazy that no one needs in their lives. I felt bad for Logan pretty much the whole book, if I had been his friend I would have warned him away. The author did give us a good story, and even with my intense dislike of Cece, I had to know what happened next. Lots of drama, some really amazing crazy naughty times, that dash of danger, I give this 3 stars.


Drew

(4 Stars)


Book four of the For the Love of a Good Woman series, and for some things in this book to make sense: I.E. Harper and Drew's relationship, I do suggest reading the previous books. It will just flow better if you do. We met Drew in Jack and Harper's story, and we knew that something in his past haunted him, we just didn't know what. Now, we are about a year after Jack and Harper's story, and Drew has found his own spot, and doing his own thing. What he isn't happy about is the neighbor on the other side of the driveway. He doesn't have time for a female, and when he finds out she is pregnant that just makes the whole situation worse. Determined to keep his distance, Drew is not very welcoming towards Sarah.

Sarah has a whole slew of problems, and having a mean neighbor isn't one that she needs. But she will just keep on ignoring him and stick to herself. But what happens when Sarah does indeed need the help of a neighbor, or just a friend to listen to the stresses of everyday life? What happens when Drew decides that he needs to be more of a friend to Sarah and stops avoiding her? Will he keep living in the past with the ghost that haunts him? Will Sarah open up and tell the secrets that she keeps?

This was about two broken people, and they overcome the past, the grief and the guilt of moving on. The author once again shows how versatile her writing is, going from book three to this one its really like two different people wrote this. This was a really good read, with some drama, super low on the naughty times (but this is a book that didn't require a lot). I give this 4 stars.



I'm a stay at home mom that loves to read. Some of my favorite titles are Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Horatio Hornblower. I started writing when I was trying to come up with suggestions on ways I could help bring in some extra money. I came up with the idea that I could donate plasma because you could earn an extra $500/month. My husband responded with, "No. Find something else. Write a blog. Write a book." I didn't think I had anything to share on blog that a thousand other mothers hadn't already thought of. I decided to take his challenge seriously and sat down to write my first book, Jack. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed writing. From there, the stories continued to flow and I haven't been able to stop. I hope my readers enjoy my books as much as I enjoy writing them. Between reading, writing, and taking care of three small kids, my days are quite full.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment