Saturday 10 August 2019

New Release & REVIEWS ***Griffin by Marie James***



Title: Griffin
Author: Marie James

Amazon
US | UK | CA | AU

Series: Cerberus MC; Book 8
Genre: MC Romance



I was the golden child. The one all the Cerberus guys looked up to. I was on my way to becoming the next career Marine. 

But after my last deployment to Syria, being a Marine was no longer an option.

Unfortunately, my not so honorable discharge from the Corps didn't get rid of the demons created while I was enlisted. 

Not even my childhood friend can save me. I'll destroy her just like I destroyed everything else I touched.



REVIEWS

Review by: Melanie


(5 Stars)


Griffin has to be collected from Camp Pendleton when he is discharged from the Marines. At 23 this is not how he saw his life going; his "uncles" Diego/"Kincaid" and Dominic, picking him up like a naughty child and that his own father Morrison/"Shadow" wouldn't even come for him. There are reasons for everything though, but no matter what happens, he would not tell anyone what those reasons are. Even when they get back home to New Mexico, he just wants his solitude to deal with what happened. What he doesn't count on though is Ivy.

Genevieve "Ivy" Anderson, daughter of Cerberus MC President; Kincaid, has been in love with Griffin for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately, being 3 years older he only ever saw her as a child and then he'd left for boot camp. As soon as she hears Griffin is back though, she just knows she has to go to him, she's sure she can help him in some way. It doesn't turn out to be quite so easy though when she finally gets to him, what with the constant push and pull with him, the demons he is obviously fighting, and the worry of what their parents will think. Will Griffin be able to come to terms with what haunts him and open up to those that love him? Will he finally realise that the one he needs the most has been in front of him for years? Will Ivy have the strength to deal with any of it?

This was such a good story. So many ups and downs for Griffin get you right in the feels at times as he struggles, but the way the author deals with it all was done really well I think. I love the way she wrote Griffin and Ivy together, especially at a certain intimate moment, that was just brilliant and had me laughing out loud. I'm so looking forward to the next one and I give Griffin 5 stars.  


Review by: Jennifer

(5 Stars)


Do yourself a favor, and read the previous books before this, there is stuff in this story, returning characters and such that will make no sense if you haven't read the previous books. Griffin, the first baby brought into Cerberus MC is all grown up and a hard core Marine.. that is until he is discharged. Thrown into a tailspin Griffin has no clue who he is anymore and his demons haunt him to the point where a bottle is the only thing that will help. Ivy has been in love with Griffin for the longest time, and once she hears that he is in trouble she gets to New Mexico to help him asap. Too bad for Ivy that Griffin never looked at her the same as she does him. Now, Ivy is the only person that has a clue where he is hiding out and just how bad a shape he is in, and for some reason no matter how hard he pushes, she always comes back. Is Ivy strong enough to help Griffin with his demons? When she learns just what those demons are, will she still stand beside him?

This was a really good story, and an amazing addition to the series. My gut hurt for Ivy, while at the same time my heart was hurting for Griffin and the pain he was in. This was the perfect book for Ivy, a bit more on the tame side but she was the innocent twin. I give this 5 stars and can't wait for the next book!








Follow the Author



No comments:

Post a Comment