Saturday 11 July 2015

✯✯ SPOTLIGHT SHELLY MORGAN ✯✯


February 2015, American Author Shelly Morgan released her first book, Rewriting Destiny. Originally intending it to be a standalone novel, once written, Shelly realised the characters had so much more to say and the Forsaken Sinners series was born. With the second book, (although officially Book 1 of the series, Rewriting Destiny becoming a prequel), Fighting Destiny about to be released we took a moment to Interview Shelly and see what she plans for the Forsaken Sinners MC. 


 
Rewriting Destiny:
Prequel to the Forsaken Sinners MC Series
 
Release Date: February 19th 2015
 
 
When life gives you lemons, it’s time for shots of tequila.
That’s my new saying in life, and trust me, life handed me lots of lemons.

For eighteen years I took those lemons that life and “destiny” threw at me and made lemonade, but I’m no longer a naive girl. I was forced to grow up too fast and the one person I depended on turned his back on me. So now I say screw the lemonade and just give me a bottle of tequila, because I don’t believe in destiny anymore.

There is no pre-designed path set out for each of us. Sometimes bad things happen, it’s just a part of life. It sucks, but you have to pick yourself up and get on with your life. I’m done just sitting around and waiting for my life to change or something good to just fall in my lap. It took me awhile to understand, but once I was done being the doormat to destiny, it was time for me to take control. I would decide where I would go in life and what would happen. It wouldn't always be pretty, it would sometimes hurt like hell, but I would make sure I lived my life to the fullest.

It's time to rewrite destiny.

**Warning: for mature readers only. Due to graphic language and sex scenes.**

 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23929294-rewriting-destiny?ref=ru_lihp_nsup_as.10914599_6_mclk

 
 Fan Made Trailer.
Shelly Morgan and MJ's Book Blog and Reviews have no rights to the material used.
Made for entertainment purposes only.


 
 
 
 
 Amazon: US ~ UK ~ CA ~ AUS
 
 

 
 
Our Review
 
Review by: Melanie
 
(5 stars) 
 
 
Essentially a prequel to the upcoming Fighting Destiny (releasing July 17th), Rewriting Destiny gives us the background to Danielle and Zane. Having known each other since they were 13 and 15 respectively, the story starts with all the teenage problems, angst and even some seriously heart breaking moments thrown in for good measure.

About half way through, after one eventful night, the story jumps forward 4 years to Danielle (who now goes by Dani) working as a tattoo artist, adopted by the Forsaken Sinners MC as one of their own, having left Zane and her old life in the past.

New MC brother, Blaze, brings with him memories of lost love, broken promises and flashbacks to the one night Dani wants to forget the most. The night she left Danielle and all she was behind.

This was a very enjoyable story for me. I liked the way Shelly writes, I loved her characters and story and I can't wait to get my hands on Fighting Destiny.

5 stars from me for Rewriting Destiny.

 

 
 
Shelly Morgan Bio:
 
 
I was born and raised in a small town in Iowa.
I have three children that love to drive me crazy. LOL
 
My storytelling and writing started when I was very young; always telling stories and writing small books that I swore would get published; I would pride myself in being the author, editor and illustrator. But the more I grew up, the less I had time to write the stories that were constantly in my head.
 
But in 2014, I wanted to give it a go, so I started writing the story that was my favorite in my head; Rewriting Destiny. It was only going to be a standalone and wasn't going to be something I would publish, but the more I wrote, I needed to share with the world and the more I fell in love with the characters. There was no way I could leave it with just one story, so it will now be a series.

Reading and writing are my passion and I'm so grateful to be able to share my stories with the world.
 
 
 
An Interview With
 
Author Name: Shelly Morgan
Genre: Romance/Erotica
Series if applicable: Forsaken Sinners MC
 
 

 

What inspired you to write your first novel?

My first novel, Rewriting Destiny, was meant to only be one book. I drive a lot, so when I was in the car, I would always think of this story. A girl that deals with what destiny hands her; one tragedy after another. It changes her, makes her the person she was meant to be; a fighter. I love a strong heroine, so that’s what I made. But in the process of writing this supposedly standalone, I fell in love with all the characters, and decided to make it the prequel to the series; Forsaken Sinners MC.

 

Is anything in your books based on true life?

Nothing in the book happened in my life, but I know it happens all the time around us. I wanted to show that even though life hands you lemons, you don’t need to make lemonade, you don’t need to let it define you.

 
What books/authors have influenced you personally?
I have a lot of favourite authors that I love to follow and read their work, but I can’t name just one that influenced me. It would be a very long list if I named them out, but I do want to say that all of you have helped me live out my dream of writing.
 
What author/s would you fangirl over?
Omg, too many. But to name a few: M N Forgy, River Savage, Lola Stark, Shantaye Brown, Sabrina Stark, Xavier Neal, Chantal Fernando, and Kira Johns. There are many more, but those are the ones at the tip of my head.
 
Any new authors interested you lately?
I’m currently reading a book from Jennifer L. Allen and it’s amazing. I can’t wait to see more from her!
 
On the occasions you get to read yourself, who do you read?
I’ll read anything that has a hot alpha male, tattooed badass, mean fighter, arrogant billionaire, cocky rock star, or muscled fighter
 
Outside family, who do you feel has supported you on your journey as a writer?
My beta readers are amazing, I truly love them. Mary, Sara, and Debbie are more than betas though, they are my girls. Also, those who have helped me get word out about my books, Kori especially.
 
Given the chance would you go back and change anything in one of your books?
I don’t think I would change it at all, at least nothing major. Everything in that book had been in my head for a long time, so I really had a lot of time to think about it. Some parts were though of during the writing process, but most of the main parts were already in my head. I can’t say I’d change them. As for the book that will release soon, I may change a few things yet, but don’t want to spoil anything ;)
 
What is the most challenging aspect of writing for you?
For me, it’s trying to balance my other stuff with time for writing. I love to read and don’t want to give that part of myself up, plus, I have three children. So to find quiet time to write is really hard. Also, I always have at least a handful of stories in my head at any given time, so it’s hard to choose which story to write first, and when I pick, it’s hard to keep the other ideas out of my head long enough to finish the other book before I can start on that idea.
 
Do you do a lot of research for your books, or is it all from your heart and mind?
Most of it is through my heart and mind. I will do research if it’s something I don’t feel I have enough knowledge to write about, but I guess sometimes, I feel it’s my story, so however I want it to come across (even if it may not be 100% accurate to some people), is the way it should be. I know not every story is everyone’s cup of tea and I’m ok with that. But I don’t feel like I need to spend weeks researching a topic before I can write about it.
 
Do you have a favourite time/place to write?
I usually write more at night, though I’ll write at any time during the day as well if I can manage. But I find while I’m lying in bed or driving (always a time when I’m not able to get on a computer and write, go figure), I have most of my breakthroughs or best thought processes. Sometimes I have to make notes on my phone while drive (don’t worry everyone, I use talk to text) or sometimes I have to get out of bed to at least make a couple of notations.
 
Do you have any bad writing habits?
I don’t care about grammar as much as I maybe should. When I write, I’m more concerned about getting the story down, not that it’s written correctly. Also, I second guess myself a lot. My beta readers are always telling me to quick second guessing and just go with what’s in my heart. I need to listen to them more.
 
What are you currently working on and could you share a snippet?
I just finished writing Fighting Destiny, which is officially the first book in the series, but technically the second (first one, Rewriting Destiny, was the prequel). I’m going to be starting Defying Destiny, which is next in the series, shortly. I’m also working a little on a novella I want to put out soon, but that’s nowhere close to being ready to share. It’s way too rough. I can share a snippet of Fighting Destiny though J Just please keep in mind it is unedited, and may change before release.
 
Sara and Mack are across the room looking straight at me. I can’t tell what she’s thinking or what Mack thinks of the situation, but I’m nervous. This could be a turning point for us and it may not go the way I want it to.
 
I watch as they start walking toward us again after Mack says something to her. I hope it was to give me a chance, but fuck, I would completely understand if she doesn’t want to give me a chance now seeing me with Trixie. But if she gives me the chance to explain, I think I can make her understand.
 
When she stops in front of me, Trixie goes rigid. I spare a quick glance at her and notice that she is glaring daggers at Sara. That’s not gonna fly, hell fuck no! But Sara beats me to it. “I’m ready to leave whenever you are Toby.” She sounds confident and not really upset, but I don’t know her all that well, so I could be in for it when we leave for all I know. I also notice that she looks directly at Trixie while she spoke. Interesting.
 
Deciding to see how this pans out, I sit back and wait to see what she does. I don’t have to wait long.
 
Trixie snaps into bitch mode, not like she really leaves it often, and takes a step closer to me and places her hand on my arm. I shrug it off, but she holds it in place. “He’s a little busy right now honey, so why don’t you call someone else to take you home, where you belong.” Trixie’s smile is taunting. I want to put her in her place, but I want to see what Sara does more. If we have any chance at a relationship, no matter what type it is, she needs to learn to stand up for herself. Otherwise, these girls will walk all over her.
 
Sara just smiles at Trixie and turns back toward me, not giving her anymore of her time. “Like I said, whenever you’re ready Toby. Maybe we can grab some drinks to take back with us.” She ends with a smile that has me wanting to do anything I have to do to keep it on her face.
 
Pulling away from Trixie, I go to move toward Sara, but Trixie has other ideas. This bitch is really getting on my nerves. “Listen bitch, I don’t know who the hell you think you are coming in here and thinking you have some sort of claim with the club because you work with Princess Dani,” the way she sneers Dani’s name has my back stiffening, but before I can do anything about her blatant disrespect, she continues on. “but you don’t. You are nothing to this club, and you never will be. Toby is mine, so back the fuck off.”
 
I keep my eye on Sara, ready to reassure her or comfort her if she needs it, but instead of looking hurt, I see something I’ve never seen before. She looks confident, slightly amused, and ready for battle with a glint in her eye. Stepping right up to Trixie, she says in a voice low enough that only the three of us can hear it. “I may not be anything to this club, yet, but let me tell you who you are. You are just a club whore, only good for one thing. So before you start preaching and laying your claim, look in the fucking mirror. You will never be anything more than a club whore, where I am someone worth more than just spreading my legs for anyone who looks my way.” Ho-ly shit. Did she really just say that? I think I’m in love.
 
Sara looks above Trixie’s head and locks eyes with me before finishing with, “And Toby isn’t yours honey. If he’s anyone’s, then he would be mine. So unless you want me to remove your hand from him myself, why don’t you fuck off?” There’s fire in her eyes when she says it, and it’s all for me.
 
Looking back at Trixie, she must have more to say because she adds, “Oh, and next time you disrespect me in front of the brothers or anyone else, I’ll make sure that you find yourself fucked, and not in the way you so desperately want.” And I’m hard as a rock. Listening to her lay her claim and declare that she wants me, has me wanting to drag her to the first available room and fucking her to put my claim on her too. She doesn’t know it yet, but what she just did solidified it for me. She’s mine and everyone will soon know it. There’s no turning back now.
 
And the way she stood up for herself and demanded respect from someone she knows is beneath her, like an old lady would, lets me know that she’s just as ready as I am. It also shows me that it still may take a little getting used to, but she’s going to fit in just right here.
 
We both step to the side to leave, when Sara grabs Trixie by the arm in a strong enough hold I can see her knuckles turning white. “And one more thing. Talk like that again about Dani I’ll personally make sure you find it hard to form any words for a while.” With that said, she walks ahead of me and out the door.
 
A spare one glance at Trixie and notice that she is staring after Sara with a pissed off look on her face.
 
Leaning over the bar, I grab two six-packs of Budweiser for the road and then take off after Sara. I can’t wait to get her alone. I know I just fucked her an hour ago at the diner, but I need her again. After what just happened, this time will be different.
She’ll be mine.
 
When you’re not writing, what do you like to do?
I love to read, I hang out with my kids and family. I don’t have many friends, I’m not really much of a people person sometimes LOL, but the friends I have (either online or in person) I talk to or hang out with when able to.
 
Quickfire round:        Tea or coffee - Tea
Rightie or leftie - Rightie
eBook or print – eBook is easier, but I still love print.
Boxers or Briefs - Boxers
Beach or Mountains - Beach
City or Country – City, but small
Tattoo or Ink Free – Tattoo for sure
Beard or Clean Shaven – Clean shaven
Beer or Wine - Beer
Motorcycle or Muscle Car - Motorcycle
Cats or Dogs - Dog
Pierced or No Piercings - Pierced
 
 
Favourites:              Movie – Top Gun
                                TV Show – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                                Male Actor – Ryan Phillipee
                                Female Actor – Megan Fox
                                Band/Group – Rascal Flatts
                                Singer – Brantley Gilbert
                                Song – Too many to name, I can’t pick one!
                                Drink – Mt. Dew or Bud Light
                                Food - Pizza
                                Colour - Green
                                Celebrity Crush – Brantley Gilbert
 
 
Where can we find you?
 
 
 
 
Coming Soon
 
Fighting Destiny Synopsis:
Toby has always been the quiet one unless he needed to be heard. He lives and breathes his club and fighting - in or outside of the cage. But that all means nothing when Sara walks into his gym for a self-defense class he's teaching. Wither her, he feels at peace, which isn't something he's ever felt before.

Sara was always a doormat and a pushover. But after years of being abused, both physically and emotionally, she decides to leave her boyfriend. In order to do that though, she has to leave what few friends she still has, her job and her apartment behind. She flees from New York to California, hoping that it is far enough away he won't find her.

They meet when they never expected it. But when they are together, they feel things they have never felt before. Can they survive when Sara's past clouds their present? Can Sara get over Toby's hard exterior? Or will they only hurt each other beyond repair?

It's time to decide if they will follow what fate has set out for them or if they will both be in for the fight of their lives; Fighting Destiny.
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23981254-fighting-destiny
 
Look Out For Our Review of
Fighting Destiny
 
 
Future books in the series
Defying Destiny: Book 2, Forsaken Sinners MC Series
Owning Destiny: Book 3, Forsaken Sinners MC Series
 
 
Thank You for talking to us Shelly
 
 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment