Saturday 21 November 2015

✯✯ Spotlight Janet Nissenson ✯✯

 
 
Following the release of Sensational, Book 4 in her Inevitable series, we are aiming our Spotlight on American author Janet Nissenson.
 
With reviews containing phrases such as
"Wow just wow - I love this series!"
"Romance Perfection!"
and
"WONDERFULLY HOT AND ROMANTIC!!!!!"
The Inevitable series looks like one that lovers of Romance need to be one clicking as soon as possible.
 
 
 
THEY SAY YOU NEVER FORGET YOUR FIRST LOVE…
 
Lauren McKinnon has always prided herself on never backing down from a challenge, living life to its fullest, and refusing to be ruled by her emotions.  She is the quintessential wild child who became a bold, fearless woman, she doesn’t believe in regrets or second chances, and thinks that true love only happens in fairy tales.  Except for the time it happened to her one magical summer.  But unlike fairy tales, in real life love can also be cruel, and after having her heart broken Lauren has vowed to never allow herself to be vulnerable again.

Ben Rafferty has always been a loner, never truly belonging anywhere or to anyone, until the summer he visits Big Sur and meets the girl he immediately recognizes as his soulmate.  But Lauren’s star shines far too brightly, and to stay with her means the real possibility of dimming that brilliant light.  The decision to leave her behind will be the most difficult of his life, and for years later he’s left to wonder what would have happened if he’d stayed.

When their paths inevitably cross again, Lauren’s pride and refusal to forgive continues to keep them apart, as does the new woman in Ben’s life.  As truths are eventually revealed, and emotions can no longer be denied, will Lauren and Ben finally find their way back to each other, or will they be destined to forever remain apart?
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26201471-sensational 
 


Ben grinned in spite of himself, and slowly dragged his gaze back up to meet the little spitfire’s emerald eyes.  “Sorry.  It’s just – ah – well, I figured the view of the ocean from up here was the most sensational  thing I’d ever seen.  And then I turned around.”
 
She rolled her eyes.  “Really?  That’s the best pick-up line you can manage?  Don’t bother trying to think up anything more clever, either.  Trust me when I say I’ve pretty much heard them all, and one is generally lamer than the next.  So, is that your motorcycle parked up at the top of the driveway?  Guess you didn’t see the huge ass sign that says Private Property – No Beach Access.”
He gave a brief shrug.  “I saw it.  But all I wanted to do was take a few photos, figured I could slip in and out before anyone noticed me.  They’re for an article I’m writing, and I’ve been searching for the perfect shot all morning.  This is definitely it.”
She narrowed what he’d already concluded was an extremely perceptive gaze on the camera he held.  “Well, you sure as hell aren’t going to get the perfect shot of anything with a piece of shit like that.  Who sold you that pathetic excuse of a camera anyway?”
Ben frowned as she sauntered over to where he stood, holding out her palm as she did so.  Somewhat reluctantly he placed the camera in her hand.  “Sounds like you might know a little something about this stuff.  Is that right?”
She grinned and gave him a flirty little wink.  “You could say that, Blue Eyes.  I’m Lauren, by the way.  Lauren McKinnon.  And my Uncle Malcolm is a very accomplished photographer.  He’s had books published, exhibits, yada, yada.  He gave me my very first camera when I was five years old.  So, yeah, I know a “little something” about them.  And I know that this,” she gave his camera a disparaging glare, “isn’t something I’d give a child to use.”
Ben emitted a low whistle.  “Malcolm McKinnon.  Yeah, I’ve heard of him.  He’s one of the most famous nature and outdoor photographers of the past few decades.  Oh, and I’m Ben.  Ben Rafferty.  And I’ll, ah, be on my way now.  I really didn’t mean to trespass.”
“Wait.”  
Lauren continued to shake her head disapprovingly at the camera she still held.  Admittedly he’d relied on the nerdy sales clerk at the discount electronics store to recommend a camera, and since money had been an issue he hadn’t been able to afford anything too fancy.
She glanced from the camera to the ocean and to his face.  “You’re right.  You aren’t likely to find a better view than this one anywhere on this part of the coast.  And it would be a criminal offense to even try and publish a shot of my beach that was taken by this hunk of junk.”
Ben chuckled.  “Your beach?  I was under the impression that the coast was public property in this state.”
Lauren shrugged.  “Figure of speech.  And technically the view belongs to my parents.  I mean, the house does at least.  Do you want to come inside for a minute so I can get a real camera?”
He looked at her in surprise.  “Sure you want to invite a stranger – not to mention a known trespasser – into your house?”
She smirked, giving him a very thorough onceover.  “Well, honey, from what I can tell your bod’s really rocking it underneath that T-shirt and those jeans.  But I’ve taken guys your size down without breaking a sweat so, no, I’m not the least bit worried.”  At his look of disbelief, she added, “I also started doing martial arts when I was five.  I’ve got three black belts – kung Fu, karate, and judo – and working on earning a fourth in capoeira.”
Ben glanced at the admittedly tight, toned body that nonetheless didn’t look capable of kicking him in the shin, much less toppling him to the ground.  But while her petite, trim figure didn’t intimidate him in the least, the flash of emerald fire in her eyes made him feel more than a little uneasy.
“Well, in that case, how can I refuse?” he replied.  “Lead the way.”

 



Amazon: US  UK  CA  AU
B&N    iTunes





Serendipity
(Inevitable #1)
Amazon: US  UK  CA  AU 
 

All You Need Is Love
 (Inevitable #1.5)
Amazon: US  UK  CA  AU 


Splendor
 (Inevitable #2)
Amazon: US  UK  CA  AU
 
 
Shattered
(Inevitable #3)
Amazon: US  UK  CA  AU
 
 
 
 
Janet is a lifelong resident of the San Francisco Bay Area, and currently resides on the northern California coast with her husband Steve and Golden Retriever Max. She worked for more than two decades in the financial services industry before turning her focus to producing running events. She is a former long-distance runner, current avid yoga practitioner, is addicted to Pinterest, likes to travel and read. She has been writing for more than three decades but Serendipity is her first official published work. She plans five more books in the Inevitable series, with each one a standalone with new lead characters, so no cliffhangers or waiting months to see what happens next!

 
 
 

 
Author Name:   Janet Nissenson
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Series if applicable:  Inevitable


What inspired you to write your first book?
I’ve been writing since I was a pre-teen, and always dreamed of having a book published one day.  It was the development of the self/indie publishing world that finally gave me the motivation to finish the first book.

 
Is anything in your books based on true life?  
No specific events or people, but I do base my stories in the San Francisco Bay area, where I have lived all my life.  I’ve also written about jobs that I used to have (i.e. stock brokerage) as well as athletic activities (i.e. running, yoga) that I participate in into my stories.


Have any books/authors influenced you personally?  
I always refer to these authors as the “Grand Dames of Romance”, and have been greatly influenced by their writing styles and character development – Sandra Brown, Linda Howard, Nora Roberts, Judith McNaught, and especially Barbara Delinsky.

 
What author/s would you fangirl over?  
Absolutely Tiffany Reisz – I am a HUGE fan!

 
Any new authors interested you lately?  
I never seem to have time to read these days but I did manage to squeeze in the Indebted Series by Pepper Winters recently.  Dark, disturbing, but irresistible at the same time.

 
What are you currently reading?  
I’m almost finished with Seduction Game by Pamela Clare.  I’ve read every book in her I-Team Series.

 
Outside family, who do you feel has supported you on your journey as a writer?  
My PR rep – Nicole Blanchard at IndieSage PR – as well as Mel Jolly at AuthorRX who has done design work for me, and Debra Presley over at Book Enthusiast Promotions.  There are also three or four bloggers in particular who have been there for me from the very beginning, and several very devoted fans.


Given the chance would you go back and change anything in one of your books?  
Yes.  I took a whole lot of grief for having the hero in Serendipity cheat on his girlfriend with the heroine, so I would definitely find a way around this.  (Though I’m willing to bet almost everyone who took issue with this in the book is also a huge fan of the TV show Scandal, where the heroine has an ongoing affair with the President!)

 
What is the most challenging aspect of writing for you?  
Not getting TOO detail oriented while still creating a clear and vivid picture of the characters.  I like to write a lot!

 
Do you do a lot of research for your books, or is it all from your heart and mind?  
I do some research where it’s needed, especially with geographical locations, but otherwise it’s all imagination.

 
Do you have a favourite time/place to write?  
I almost always write in my home office, and mid-to-late afternoon is when the creative juices are usually flowing.

 
Do you have any bad writing habits?  
If it’s a chapter that isn’t particularly easy or exciting to write I’ll tend to procrastinate, but otherwise no.

 
What are you currently working on and could you share a snippet?  
I’m re-working my second book – Splendor – into a “spinoff” trilogy of its own.  That book was HUGE – over 180,000 words – and I still had fans wanting more of the characters backstory (not to mention their sequel/wedding/etc.)  

 
I’m only on chapter two of the first book, but here’s a quick snippet:                 

 
Kids like her who stayed out of trouble weren’t the ones who normally got called to the Principal's office, or gave teachers or counselors cause to start poking around into their personal business.  And it was more important than ever, given Gillian’s rapid descent into total darkness, that no one – students, teachers, social workers – ever suspected how bad things were for Tessa at home these days.



 
When you’re not writing, what do you like to do?  
Walk my dog, go to yoga class or the gym, travel, read, waste far too much time browsing Pinterest and Yummly

 
Quickfire round:       Tea or coffee - Coffee
     Rightie or leftie - Rightie
     eBook or print – eBook (save a tree!)
     Boxers or Briefs - briefs
     Beach or Mountains - beach
     City or Country - country
     Tattoo or Ink Free – ink free
     Beard or Clean Shaven – stubble?
     Long or Short Hair – short-ish
     Beer or Wine - wine
     Motorcycle or Muscle Car – muscle car
     Cats or Dogs - dogs
     Pierced or No Piercings – generally no

 
Favourites:                Movie – Animal House
                                    TV Show - Arrow
                                    Male Actor – Hugh Jackman
                                    Female Actor – Helen Mirren
                                    Book – After the Night (Linda Howard)
                                    Band/Group Red Hot Chili Peppers
                                    Singer – Rufus Wainwright
                                    Song – Set Fire to the Rain (Adele)
                                    Drink - Margarita
                                    Food – Chocolate cake
                                    Colour - Blue
                                    Celebrity Crush – Hugh Jackman
                                    Vacation Spot – British Columbia


Where can we find you?  


 

 Thank You for talking to us Janet
 

No comments:

Post a Comment