Friday, 14 September 2018

Review Tour ***Jack & Cole by Giulia Lagomarsino***

Title: Jack (For the Love of a Good Women #1) 
and Cole (For the Love of a Good Women #2)
Author: Giulia Lagomarsino
Genres: Romantic Comedy ~ Romantic Thriller 




Jack 

I'm driving along when I see a woman sitting in a puddle on the side of the road. I stop to help her and instantly need to have her. Our chemistry is explosive, quite literally. It seems we are going to have to repair a few things. She's feisty and sexy as hell, but I keep screwing it up. 


Harper 

This day couldn't get any worse. All that's left is for lightning to strike me. And then it does, in the form of sexy mechanic, Jack. If I could keep my wits about me, I might survive him, but I seem to have verbal diarrhea around him. He brings excitement into my life and sex to my books.



Cole 

After leaving the military as a Marine Scout Sniper, he suffered from PTSD and was barely functioning most days. Nightmares plagued him most nights and it took him three years to be a functioning part of society. While out running off a nightmare, he finds a woman stumbling out of the woods, barely alive. She looks to him for protection. She looks to him to save her. Can he overcome his own demons to keep the woman he is falling in love with out of the hands of a killer? 


Alex 


She has suffered through her parents being murdered in front of her. She spent years in foster care, shuffled from one unloving home to the next. Now she's been kidnapped and if she doesn't figure out how to escape, she will die at the hands of the man who killed her parents. She needs someone to protect her and love her. Can Cole be that man or will her kidnapper find her and take her from the man she has come to love? 

Reviews by: Jennifer

Jack

(4.5  Stars)

Harper's car breaks down at one of the worst possible moments, it's pouring rain, no cell phone, and she is in her PJs. Deciding to take the risk and run the rest of the way, she ends up falling not far from the car and twisting her ankle. When a stranger offers help, at a loss of what to do, Harper of course accepts as she doesn't really have a choice. The sexy stranger that helped her is Jack, and Jack has just decided that his luck is looking up. The two strike off on a whirlwind relationship that has ups and downs like any regular relationship will. But what happens when they both realize that they want different things in life? Will they be able to compromise, or is it better to take their losses and walk away before they get hurt even more?

WOW! So this is my very first read by Giulia Lagomarsino, and this will definitely not be my last! This was a bit different from the norm, you know, the regular boy meets girl, they date, fall in love, get married. This was a very honest take on a relationship, with ups and downs, major drama, super steamy sexy times, and some very funny moments. I really loved Jack and Harper's story, I can't wait for the next story. I give this 4.5 stars.


Cole

(4 Stars)

This is the second book in the For the Love of a Good Woman series, and this was so different from book one that it could have been two different authors. Most times an author has a writing style that they stick with, a sort of formula, and this leads to their books often reading like each other with different names but the situations are similar. This is NOT the case with Giulia Lagomarsino! Jack and Harper's book was a funny romantic story, while Cole and Alex's story played out like an episode of CSI or Criminal Minds with the love story just an added ingredient.

Cole has been home for three years and has still not really managed to conquer the demons that haunt him. He spends his days at his parent's house working with his father, and sometimes hanging out with his friends for an occasional poker night, but for the most part he keeps to himself. When on one of his runs, he stumbles onto Alex everything from that moment on changes. Alex has just escaped hell, having run for her life for over a day, but knowing that she still hasn't gone far enough. She is just past the point of exhaustion when she collapses. When Cole comes upon her and offers her help, she is insistent that he doesn't call the cops or takes her to the hospital. Taking her home is his only option and getting her help. Keeping this quiet was necessary as the person that tortured Alex was still out there, and he wasn't going to stop until he got what he wanted.

This was such a different read that it blew my mind. I really liked Alex and Cole as a couple, the action in the story did not stop and just kept you hooked. I was left with some questions, like why was Cole involved with the case in the first place, he had no need for Sean to involve him before even meeting Alex, after Alex that's a different story. I hated the ending, not that there was one, it just stopped. Bam that is folks no more from Cole and Alex and we are left going WTH we wanted more, we wanted to know more. I give this 4 stars.




I'm a stay at home mom that loves to read. Some of my favorite titles are Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Horatio Hornblower. I started writing when I was trying to come up with suggestions on ways I could help bring in some extra money. I came up with the idea that I could donate plasma because you could earn an extra $500/month. My husband responded with, "No. Find something else. Write a blog. Write a book." I didn't think I had anything to share on blog that a thousand other mothers hadn't already thought of. I decided to take his challenge seriously and sat down to write my first book, Jack. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed writing. From there, the stories continued to flow and I haven't been able to stop. I hope my readers enjoy my books as much as I enjoy writing them. Between reading, writing, and taking care of three small kids, my days are quite full.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment