Saturday 28 September 2019

Release Tour ***Not Another Statistic by J.M Dabney***

ReviewTour-Not-Another-Statistic-Banner
Not Another Statistic
Yuri Sorenson Mysteries
J.M. Dabney
Genre - MM/Gay Fiction/Romance, Mystery/Suspense
Release Date: 09.24.19
NotAnotherStatistic-Final-QRI
Cover Image - FuriousFotog (Golden Czermak)
Cover Model - Kevin R. Davis
Cover Art - J.M. Dabney
Blurb
Former Federal Agent Yuri Sorenson had left the bureau behind to become a private investigator. His ex-partner came to him asking for a favor, not knowing who else to trust. Yuri had always had a way of keeping his emotional distance from the people he protected, yet that changed the day Clarkson hesitantly limped into his life.
What happens when love is confused with pain? That’s the exact question Josh Clarkson had asked himself for years. He’d grown up in an overburdened foster care system, and from what he knew of love, he couldn’t expect anything but to be something tolerated. Was he meant to be more than a plaything or a piece of scenery? H could hope.
Two men who know nothing but being broken find that patience and acceptance are harder than losing hope. Is the leap of faith worth the reward of letting someone else in? Maybe they’ll find the strength to find out before the danger of Josh’s past tries to tear them apart.
NotAStatistic-Teaser-What-IfNotAStatistic-Teaser-ExpectationNotAStatistic-Teaser-Reward
Excerpt
I awakened from the best dreams I'd ever had. One of the few times I hadn't come to with a scream and then I froze as I found myself draped over Yuri. My thighs on either side of his hips and I tried to slip to the side without being noticed only to squeak as a very strong, large hand squeezed my ass to keep me in place. This was so not good. I bit my lip and tried again only to be stopped by a deep growl that rumbled the chest under me. All I remembered last night was falling asleep as far on the other side of the bed as I could get. I'd never really shared a bed with someone before. Usually when the man I was with went to sleep, I left or found a couch or a portion of the floor to curl up on. At Vernon's I had my own tiny room which he locked me in every night. This was the first time I'd ever cuddled with a man and I wasn't sure it was a welcomed act. I needed to get away before he woke up. His opinion was important and I didn't want him to think that I'd done this on purpose. I planted my hands beside his ribs, and then lifted onto my toes. I was able to get an inch between our bodies before my hips were slammed back down onto a very impressive bulge. "Shit." I whispered and started the attempt again. "Baby boy, what do you think you're doing?" His gruff question had me lifting my gaze to his and realized he was very much awake. "How long have you been awake?" "Maybe an hour or so." "Sorry, I didn't realize—" My apology ended when I noticed the corner of his mouth pulled into a smirk. It made the laugh lines at the corners of his eyes deeper. "Sleeping you didn't seem to mind rubbing on me." I surged to a seated position and stared down at him. "I was sleeping. I could've done anything." His smile got wider. "What else did I do?" "Nothing, but we have shit to do today so get on up." He smacked my ass and rolled out from under me, dumping me onto the bed. I hurriedly crawled off and followed him. I was too shocked by the grin and the suddenly playful attitude to protest the swat. "What did I do," I demanded. "You get pretty affectionate, now, are you going to watch me piss and demand to know every grope you didn't get to enjoy?" JM logo
J.M. Dabney is a multi-genre author who writes Body Positive/Diverse Romance and Fiction. They live with a constant diverse cast of characters in their head. No matter their size, shape, race, etc. J.M. lives for one purpose alone, and that’s to make sure they do them justice and give them the happily ever after they deserve. J.M. is dysfunction at its finest and they makes sure their characters are a beautiful kaleidoscope of crazy. There is nothing more they want from telling their stories than to show that no matter the package the characters come in or the damage their pasts have done, that love is love. That normal is never normal and sometimes the so-called broken can still be amazing.
The author is Gender Nonconforming are uses the preferred pronouns They/Them.
MichelleSlagan---VibrantPromotionsLogo---FiveStarDesigns---150ppi

No comments:

Post a Comment