Thursday 16 April 2015

REVIEW - Domenic (The Slater Brothers Book 1) by L.A.Casey




WARNING: If you don't like leading males that are possessive pr**ks, Dominic is NOT for you. If you don't like leading females that are stubborn bi**hes, Dominic is NOT for you. If you don't like characters who have bad tempers, Dominic is NOT for you. Most of all, if you don't like characters who CURSE A LOT and say EXACTLY what they feel and are thinking without sugar coating it then Dominic is REALLY NOT for you.

** Book #1 in the Slater Brothers series. **

After a car accident killed her parents when she was a child, Bronagh Murphy chose to box herself off from people in an effort to keep herself from future hurt. If she doesn't befriend people, talk to them or acknowledge them in any way they leave her alone just like she wants.

When Dominic Slater enters her life, ignoring him is all she has to do to get his attention. Dominic is used to attention, and when he and his brothers move to Dublin, Ireland for family business, he gets nothing but attention. Attention from everyone except the beautiful brunette with a sharp tongue.

Dominic wants Bronagh and the only way he can get to her, is by dragging her from the boxed off corner she has herself trapped in the only way he knows how...by force.

Dominic wants her, and what Dominic wants, Dominic gets.




Review by : Melanie

(4.5 stars)



Bronagh Murphy has been invisible for years, preferring to keep to herself and get on with her school work, meaning she doesn't have a single friend and definitely no boyfriend. Her final year of school though, things are about to change when the American Slater brothers move to her tiny part of Dublin, Ireland and Domenic Slater sets his sights firmly on Bronagh.
I really enjoyed this book. The writing was done well, the story believable and the language used was perfect for the age group the author is writing about. Although Bronagh was a little annoying in parts, I loved her smart mouthed, sassy, early conversations with Domenic and by the end I loved her. I loved the whole group of main characters, which doesn't always happen, there's usually at least one that bugs me. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series, especially Damien's story as a lot of his back story was touched upon in this book.
I don't really want to say much else as I fear I may spoiler it. So instead I'm going to share one of my favourite scenes from the book.



“Don't mind them, the asshole talking to you is Alec, the prick on the right is Kane, and my other brother Ryder is in the house with Damien.”
Dominic, Damien, Alec, Kane, and Ryder.
Oh, my God, their names were just as sexy as they were.
“It's a pleasure.” Kane smiled to me after a moment.
I melted; he had such a happy, pretty smile which caused me to smile back at him. I didn't even pay attention to the scar curved around his mouth or the one that looked like claw marks through his eyebrow and up his temple to his hairline because his smile was just breathtaking.
“The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Slater.”
Dominic's hand suddenly grabbed hold of mine. “All right, that's enough of that.” he said tugging me into him.
I flushed and tried to push away from him. "What the hell, Domenic? the past five weeks you annoy me from a distance but within the last half hour you won't stop touchin' me. what the fuck man?"
"Man," Alec and Kane mimicked my accent in unison making each other chuckle.
  I flicked my eyes towards them; I had them narrowed but when Kane switched his smile on, I couldn't keep it up for long.
  "How old are you both?" I asked, smiling.
  "Twenty-five", Alec replied.
  Kane grinned. "I'm twenty-three, how old are you?"
  "I'm eighteen today."
  "Happy birthday," Alec and Kane said in unison making me smile at them.
  "What? Today is your birthday?" Domenic asked.
 I looked at him and nodded.
Domenic frowned. "now I feel even worse for hitting you."
"What?" Alec and Kane roared.
I jumped while Domenic flung his hands up in front of him in an 'I surrender' motion.
  "It was an accident. Some prick hit her in school, so I kicked his ass, but when she tried to pull me back, my elbow hit her face. I brought her here to ice it."
  Alec waved us forward. "Yeah, Dame told us about the fight but left her out of it."
  I was obviously her.
Domenic tugged me forward then, so I followed him back up the steps to his house.
I had to turn so I could get by Alec's shirtless, muscular body.
 "Bronagh! Stop it, " Domenic scowled at me when we got inside the beautiful house.
 I pulled my hand from his. "What? I just said I liked his tattoos." I frowned then pointed my finger dangerously at him. "I don't know where you're gettin' off thinkin' you can tell me what to do because you can't, so stop it before I break a bone!"
  Domenic smirked at me. "You want to get physical with me?"
 What?
 "Wh-What?" I stuttered before licking my suddenly dry lips. "I think we need to go to the hospital with you, you're sayin' weird things and just actin' out of character since that fight. I really think Jason hit you too hard on the head."
 Domenic's brothers snorted as they passed us. I watched as they went into what I would have guessed to be a sitting room, but turned out to be a home gym. That explained why they were shirtless and so buff; they were working out and clearly did it often.
 “Are you going to stare at my brothers all day or are you going to come with me?” Dominic asked in an impatient tone.
 “If that is a legit question, I vote to stay here and stare at your brothers all day.”
Domenic grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall and away from the view of Alec and Kane.
 "It was really nice to meet you both," I shouted to them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dominic-Slater-Brothers-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00J1SP9FI/

L.A. Casey

L.A. Casey

You can find her here:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuthorLACasey
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7759811.L_A_Casey


No comments:

Post a Comment